You can insert single or multiple blank rows at any position in your spreadsheet including in between existing rows. You can also create new rows using data copied from the clipboard.
- Place your cursor at the position where you want to add the new row or column, then from the menu select Spread | Insert.
- Select an option to insert the row before or after the row where you positioned the cursor.
The new row will appear filled with missing values.
A quicker alternative is to use the right-click shortcut menu: right-click Insert | Row. This method will only insert a row after the currently selected one.
- Place your cursor at the position where you want to add the new row or column, then from the menu select Spread | Insert | Multiple Rows.
- Enter the Number of rows to Add then select a Position.
Position lets you add rows before or after the current row, or at the start or end of the spreadsheet.
- Click OK.
The new rows will appear filled with missing values.
Data pasted from the clipboard is inserted starting from the cell where the cursor is placed. Genstat will fill the cells below and to the right of the selected cell with the copied data. If there are no rows below or columns to the right of the selected cell Genstat will create them as needed.
- After copying data onto the clipboard, place your cursor at the position where you want to add the new row, then from the menu select Spread | Insert | Clipboard.
The spreadsheet is updated with your copied cells. News columns and rows will appear filled with missing values (the default is an asterisk * for a numeric field and an empty cell for a text).
You can use the Spread | Delete menu, which contains advanced deletion options or manually remove rows by dragging them outside the spreadsheet.
Deleting rows using drag and drop
- Click the left-most cell of a row to select it. Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking to select multiple rows.
- Hold down the mouse on the selected rows and drag them outside the spreadsheet.
The cursor will change to to indicate when you can release the rows.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.