For video overviews of some of the new features, click the link below.
- New 2D Trellis Plot of Groups menu has been added and is used in the discrimination menus.
- New Mosaic Plot menu has been added to plot tables of counts.
- New Principal Components Clustering menu added for large datasets.
- New multivariate prediction menus Random Classification Forest,
Random Regression Forest and K Nearest Neighbours.
- New specialist regression menus Validation of Predictions and
- The ability to allow for censored observations in Poisson distributions with a log-link has been added.
- Improved handling of grouped data in Linear Regression menu.
- Support for two new skewed distributions added to the Distributions menu.
- A Games menu for Bingo,
Fruit Machine, Life and Noughts and Crosses
added to the Data menu.
The Genstat Server has been upgraded to Release 23.1
- Release 23.1 includes 3 new directives and 27 new procedures.
- Principal Components Clustering menu
to provide clustering for very large data sets.
- Random Classification Forest and
Random Regression Forest menus to identify groups or
predict values using random forests.
- K Nearest Neighbours menu
to predict variates or factors from the K closest neighbours using a multivariate similarity matrix.
- Validation of Predictions menu
to validate predictions, for example from a deterministic model, against observed data.
- Circular Regression menu to model angular or
other periodic response variates.
- The Log-linear Models,
Generalized Linear Mixed Models and
Hierarchical Generalized Linear Models
menus have had censoring options added to them for Poisson distributions with a log link.
- The Generalized Linear Mixed Models Further Output dialog
has a new option for Likelihood Tests for Random Terms
- The Hierarchical Generalized Linear Models Further Output
has a new options for Likelihood Tests for Fixed and
- The Linear Mixed Models Further Output dialog
has a new option for Permutation Tests for Fixed Terms.
- The Canonical Variates Analysis,
Discriminant Analysis and
Stepwise Discriminant Analysis menus
have had a Trellis plot option added to display the groups
in a 2d Trellis plot of histograms or pie charts.
- The Smoothing Spline and
Locally Weighted Regression menus
have had options added to fit these models with groups.
- The Standard Curves now has the option
to fit a common non-linear parameter with grouped data.
- A new option has been added to the Response Surface Options
dialog to print the predicted values.
- The Generate Random Sample menu
has had 5 distributions added (Exponentially modified Normal, Generalized Extreme Value,
Inverse Normal, Laplace and Skew Normal).
- The Probability Distribution Plot and
Empirical Distribution tests menus have had 2 distributions
added (Exponentially modified Normal and Skew Normal).
- The Classification Trees menu has a new
Identifications dialog and the
Regression Trees menu has a new
Predictions dialog to apply the tree model to new data.
- The ANOVA % Variance and Sums of Squares button
added to the ANOVA Further Output dialog and options to print
these added to the ANOVA Options dialog.
- The spreadsheet now supports reading Statistica 11-14, Minitab 13+, MATLAB 2016 and Feather files.
- The separators used in CSV files can now be specified by the user.
- The Restart Server menu now immediately kills the server and restarts it, if it is still running commands. This may leave a red server icon in the toolbar, but this will disappear if the mouse hovers over the icon.
- The ability to select quotes when double clicking words in the test added has been added. This can be turned on or off in the Text Editor tab
of Tools | Options dialog.
Three games menus have been added to the Data Menu.
Although these are a light-hearted addition for your amusement, they demonstrate
interactive procedures through the use of the QDIALOG directive
and the new DCLOSE and %FLUSH directives,
as well the use of PNG images as plotting symbols in the graphics.