The Genstat Server has been upgraded to Release 11.1
- Release 11.1 includes 7 new directives, 5 new functions and 26 new procedures.
- Improved syntax for the way that colours are specified in
New supported file formats
- Import and export JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EMF and PSD image files.
- Import and export Open Office spreadsheets.
- Import Statistica 8 and StatGraphics files.
Graphics enhancements and menus
- Ability to display image files such as BMP, JPG, TIFF and PNG
- Bar chart menu includes ability to set lower and upper error bars.
- Dot histogram menu to display observations sets of values as dots.
- Image plot menu to display 2-dimensional bit maps of RGB values.
Statistical tests menus
- Cochran-Armitage trend test menu for the Cochran-Armitage chi-square test for trend of categorical data.
- Steel’s many-one rank test menu: a multiple-comparison test for comparing several treatments with a control treatment.
- Fit multinomial menu for fitting multinomial regression models.
- Wald tests added to hierarchical generalized linear models menu.
- Ability to produce fitted models of the fixed effects in the hierarchical generalized linear models menu.
- Generate a factorial design in blocks menu for generating factorial designs using a minimum aberration algorithm.
- Generate a fractional factorial design menu for generating fractional factorial designs using a minimum aberration algorithm.
- Covariate design menu for generating a design efficient under analysis of covariance.
Analysis of variance menus
- Mean-mean plots can be displayed for multiple comparisons.
Multivariate analysis menus
Spatial statistics menus
- Robust estimators of the variogram available on the form variogram menu.
- Universal kriging for irregular grid data on the krige menu.
Repeated measures menus
- Mean plots available for repeated measures analysis of variance.
- Ability to set different cell colours.
- Control for spreadsheet columns calculated when rows are restricted.
- Ability to hide columns from view.
The following documents are available from the menu Help>Genstat Guides
- A Guide to Anova and Design in Genstat.
- A Guide to REML in Genstat.
- A Guide to Regression, Nonlinear and Generalized Linear Models in Genstat.