The Genstat Server has been upgraded to Release 9.2
- Release 9.2 includes 2 new directives, 64 new procedures and 2 new functions.
Improved interface and help facilities
- New docked data pane and window navigator.
- Improved searchable lists of example programs and procedure source.
- Run an R script from Genstat
New supported file formats
- Support for SAS catalogues defining value labels.
- Support for JMP 4 and 5, Paradox 7-9, SPSS 13-14 file formats and R gzip compressed data frames.
- Import files from ZIP archives.
- Species abundance plot menu for
producing rank/abundance, ABC or k-dominance plots.
- Lorenz curve menu for
producing a Lorenz curve and calculating the gini coefficient.
- Transformed axes.
Summary statistics menus
- Diversity indices menu for calculating measures of diversity and jackknife confidence intervals.
Statistical tests menus
- T-test menu includes facility for calculating permutation tests.
- Nonparametric correlations menu for calculating Spearman’s rank correlation and
Kendall’s rank correlation coefficient.
- Cochran’s Q Test menu.
- Species abundance models menu for fitting a range of distributions and models to describe species abundance data.
- Split-line regression menu for fitting a regression model consisting of two straight line segments (a split-line or broken-stick model) to the data.
- Linear and generalized linear regression menus include facility for calculating permutation tests.
Survey analysis menus
- Create survey weights menu to generate weights to be used in survey analysis.
- Modify survey weights menu to modify weights for observations in survey analysis.
- Calibration weighting to perform calibration estimation of survey data.
- General survey analysis menu to calculate estimates from surveys together with the asymptotic standard errors.
Analysis of variance menus
- Menus include facility for calculating permutation tests.
- Parallel ANOVA menu to run a large number of Analysis of Variances in parallel for a set of units that have multiple measurements on each unit.
Mixed models (REML) menus
- Prediction menu for Hierarchical Generalized Linear Models.
Spreadsheet multi-page books
- Spreadsheets can be stored in multi-paged books where each
spreadsheet is represented by a different page within a book.
Improved data entry for spreadsheets
- Data can be appended into a spreadsheet simultaneously from multiple files.
- Data can be appended from multiple worksheets from an Excel file to a Genstat spreadsheet.
- Data can be merged into a spreadsheet simultaneously from multiple files.
Spreadsheet data manipulation and calculations
- Individual cell calculations.
- Ability to merge summary statistics into the original spreadsheet where they
were calculated from.
- Menu to randomize rows within a spreadsheet.
New spreadsheet tools and general features
- Drag and drop columns between sheets.
- Improved replace facilities to allow multiple replacements of text within a single cell.
- Quick access to column attributes by double-clicking on a column heading.
- Quick access to view the spreadsheet properties
by double-clicking on the row column heading.
- Improved clipboard facilities when copying data from Excel.
- New cell selection mode for selecting irregular arrangements of cells.